Thursday, August 13, 2009

Here I am getting ready to...HAVE A BABY!!! It's was July 18 and I suddenly woke up, and had my lovely water brake. So what do I do?... I calmly go tell my husband. "Trent I think my water just broke." Then instead of rushing to the hospital, I go down stairs and start downloading Lady and the Tramp, and other movies to my ipod. Trent didn't know what to do so he started watchin CSI Las vgas on T.V. He then decides to call his work and tell them he's not coming in. While on the phone his boss starts yelling at him. Telling him he needs to take me to the hospital. So we calmly get in the car drive to the hospital and find out that I was already dialated to a six, and that I should of gone to the hospital a long time ago. The nurses were all shocked I wasn't crying out in pain, but I was good I didn't feel any pain, my only complaint is that I missed breakfast andI was hungry.


We checked in the hospital at about 10:30 am, and at 4:20 pm and three pushes later I had my beautiful baby boy, Ryder Isaac Peterson. If all labors are that easy, and if all babys come out that perfect, I'll be having 20 kids. I had alot of suppport as well. My mother was there by my side the whole time, trent never let go of my hand, my father was there most of the time, except when it was time to have the baby then he had to all of the sudden check out the food court. ;-) Trent's father Scott came as soon as he heard, and so did his brother Tyler. Max and Emily immedately came up to show their support, and my sisters Lacey and Sophie were on the phone with me telling me of their love. I'm so blessed to have such amazing family members.



My poor little boy.....

Besides the fact that I had Ryder a month early. He was born with an infection. He had an extremely large white blood cell count, that caused alot of concern for the doctors. So he was placed in the NICU, where his breathing, heart, and temperature was monitored every minute. They also had to do blod work on him every three hours, and then be given a two types of antibotics one every twelve hours and the other every twenty-four hours. Ryder had to stay at the hospital an extra seven days. I got released two days after delivery. So I would travel to the hospital ever three hours to feed him and just to hold him and tell him how much I loved him. We were blessed though our son is now as healthy as can be, and is turning into a little porker. Things could of been alot worse.



My Little Glow Worm.... Well Ryder was on his third day at the hospital when more bad news came. Ryder had to wear a billyrubin light. The doctor said he was looking really yellowed, I thought it looked like a cool tan, and he had to wear the light for three days. Which was annoying he already had five cord, from monitors sticking out of him... poor little guy.

1 comment:

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

You did have an easy labor AWESOME!! My little nephew is SO DARN CUTE!! WE love Ryder he fits in perfect with our fantastic family!! Congrats to you and trent